CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring Has Sprung

  Happy first day of Spring everyone! We brought in the new season with a spring math page, mystery word, and writing prompt* to boot! We also made geometry flowers by cutting shapes from tissue paper and layering them to make the petals; it was very fun artsy strictly educational! ;-)
  Here are our responses to what spring is:
 "Spring is like swimming in my pool. I say this becaus, I like to have friends over."
"Spring is like riding my gorgeous staleain through the meadow and playing with Paulie. I say this because I have a bird and a staleain." (stallion)
"Spring is like baseball season. I say this because, I think they choose in spring."
"Spring is like a warm day. I say this because spring is alot warmer than winter."
"Spring is like swimming out in the cool warm beach. I say this because it feels nice."
"Spring is like playing outside. I say this because I can fly my kite."
"Spring is like shots at the doctor's office. I say this because bees sting me."

Here are some pictures of creating the spring pieces:





Here is the process of making the geometry flowers:






Here is our celebration of spring display:




Happy Spring!




*courtesy of Amber Polk TPT

0 comments:

Post a Comment