CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 26, 2012

What I love this Wednesday

What I Love Wednesday
I love:
  • Working on the publishing of our book “The Girl Who Cried Cat”
  • Completing our paper version of Mr. Gallon Man (ask your kids!)
  • Creating a real gallon man in the near future
  • Seeing the kids use some of the manners that they learned at the first, of three, etiquette lesson
  • TEACHING!!! Teaching is the best job in the whole world. I love the morning routine, the creative writing, the feeling that some things that you teach are their first exposure to that topic...ever, creating fun and engaging centers, seeing improvement in their scores from pre and post assessments, and of course the funny things they always say!!! Just this last week I was mentioning how I like to read in my free time and that I picked this habit up from my parents. I followed that thought with telling a student I might just visit my parents this weekend. My statement was followed by craned necks and curious stares and FINALLY someone spoke up and said, “Your parents are still around?!?” Nice. J I wonder if we will address this question and others like it in our etiquette lesson?!

Here are a few snapshots of their first etiquette lesson:







0 comments:

Post a Comment