CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 26, 2012

      I have recently introduced a few minutes of yoga into our morning routine. I am by no means an expert so I went to Barnes and Noble and picked up a copy of Yoga Kids; Keeping Busy Kids Fit and Relaxed by Kirsten Hall. The book is awesome!!! The book has all of these developmentally appropriate adaptations of yoga poses and really fun names for breathing exercises. It also came with these adorable cards that show pictures of what the pose should look like not that they would have any questions of proper form with my demonstration... hah! 
      The practice of yoga seems to make them more aware of how they move and their physical place which should help with spatial awareness. I like how it calms them and taps into their creativity too. They like to think of their own poses which I let them do on occasion and everyone else will copy the pose. This is helping with self-confidence which is a character trait we want them to learn. Yoga also adds increased exposure to being in front of a crowd which is a very important life skill. I am excited to see how much yoga will help with increased focus in the classroom!




0 comments:

Post a Comment